Friday, July 6, 2007

PSYCHOSOMATIC WIT: Musical Memory Meme

The lyrics mentioned in the post:

1. Delta Dawn (Alex Harvey/Larry Collins) as performed by Tanya Tucker.

Delta Dawn, what's that flower you have on
Could it be a faded rose from days gone by
And did I hear you say he was a-meeting you here today
To take you to his mansion in the sky

She's forty-one and her daddy still calls her "baby"
All the folks around Brownsville say she's crazy
'Cause she walks around town with a suitcase in her hand
Looking for a mysterious dark-haired man

In her younger days they called her Delta Dawn
Prettiest woman you ever laid eyes on
Then a man of low degree stood by her side
And promised her he'd take her for his bride

(Chorus)

Delta Dawn, what's that flower you have on
Could it be a faded rose from days gone by
And did I hear you say he was a-meeting you here today
To take you to his mansion in the sky


2. By th Time I Get to Phoenix (Jimmy Webb) as performed by Glen Cambell

By the time I get to Phoenix she'll be rising
She'll find the note I left hangin' on her door
She'll laugh when she reads the part that says I'm leavin'
'Cause I've left that girl so many times before

By the time I make Albuquerque she'll be working
She'll prob'ly stop at lunch and give me a call
But she'll just hear that phone keep on ringin'
Off the wall that's all

By the time I make Oklahoma she'll be sleepin'
She'll turn softly and call my name out loud
And she'll cry just to think I'd really leave her
Tho' time and time I try to tell her so
She just didn't know I would really go


3. Almost Paradise (Mike Reno/Ann Wilson)

I thought that dreams belonged to other men
'Cuz each time I got close
They'd fall apart again

I feared my heart would beat in secrecy
I faced the nights alone
Oh, how could I have known
That all my life I only needed you

(Chorus)
Almost Paradise
We're knocking on heaven's door
Almost Paradise
How could we ask for more?
I swear that I can see forever in your eyes
Paradise

It seems like perfect love's so hard to find
I'd almost given up
You must've read my mind

And all these dreams I saved for a rainy day
They're finally comin' true
I'll share them all with you'
Now we hold the future in our hands

(Chorus)

And in your arms salvation's not so far away
We're getting closer, coser every day

(Chorus)


4. The Beautiful Ones (Prince)

Baby, baby, baby
What's it gonna be?
Baby, baby, baby
Is it him or is it me?
Don't make me waste my time
Don't make me lose my mind baby

Baby, baby, baby
Can't u stay with me tonight?
Oh baby, baby, baby
Don't my kisses please u right?
U were so hard 2 find
The beautiful ones, they hurt u everytime

Paint a perfect picture
Bring 2 life a vision in one's mind
The beautiful ones always smash the picture
Always, everytime

If I told u baby
That I was in love with u
Oh baby, baby, baby
If we got married
Would that be cool?

U make me so confused
The beautiful ones U always seem 2 lose

What's it gonna be baby?
Do u want him?
Or do u want me?
Cause I want u

Said I want u
Tell me, babe
Do u want me?

I gotta know, I gotta know
Do u want me?

Baby, baby, baby
Listen 2 me
I may not know where I'm going (babe)
I said I may not know what I need
One thing, one thing's 4 certain baby
I know what I want, yeah
And it's to please u baby, please u, baby

I'm begging down on my knees
I want u
Yes I do


5. The Baby (Blake Shelton)

My brother said that I Was rotten to the core
I was the youngest child
So I got by with more
I guess she was tired by The time I came along
She'd laugh until she cried
I could do no wrong
She would always save me because I was her baby

I worked a factory in Ohio
A shirmp boat in the bayou
I drove a truck in Birmingham
Turned twenty-one in Cincinnati
I called home to Mom and Daddy
I said your boy is now a man
She said I don't care if you're eighty
You'll always be my baby

She loved that photograph
Of our whole family
She'd always point us out
For all her friends to see
That's Greg, he's doing great
He really loves his job
And Ronnie, with his two kids
How 'bout that wife he's got
And that one's kinda crazy
But that one is my baby

I got a call in Alabama
Said come on home to Louisiana
And come as fast as you can fly
'Cause your mama really needs you
And says she's gotta see you
She might not make it through the night
The whole way I drove eighty
So she could see her baby

She looked like she was sleeping
And my family had been weeping
By the time that I got to her side
And I knew that she'd been taken

And my heart is was breakin' I never got to say goodbye
I softly kissed that lady
And cried just like a baby


6. The Dance (Tony Arata) as performed by Garth Brooks

Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared 'neath the stars alone
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I a king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say, you know, I might have chanced it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end, the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss
The Dance


7. You are My King (Amazing Love) as performed by The Newsboys

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken
I’m accepted, You were condemned
I’m alive and well, Your Spirit is within me
Because You died and rose again

Amazing love, how can it be
That You, my King, would die for me?
Amazing love, I know it’s true
It’s my joy to honor You
In all I do, To honor You


8. Live the Life (Michael W. Smith)

Were passengers aboard the train
Silent little lambs amidst the pain
Thats no longer good enough
And when its time to speak our faith
We use a language no one can explain
Thats no longer good enough

And God knows its a shame
As we look to pass the flame
We are not the worthy bearers of His name

(Chorus)
For the world to know the truth
There can be no greater proof
Than to live the life, live the life
Theres no love thats quite as pure
Theres no pain we cant endure
If we live the life, live the life
Be a light for all to see
For every act of love will set you free

There's something beautiful and bold
The power of a million human souls
Come together as one
And each in turn goes out to lead
Another by His word, His love, His deed
Now the circle is done

It all comes back to One
For it is He and He alone
Who has lived the only perfect life weve known

(Chorus)

No comments: